- POLICY OVERVIEW
To accommodate individuals that were unable to complete their continuing education requirements due to the 2020 COVID-19 Public Health Emergency, NAAC is allowing a one-time extension of the certification expiration date.
- POLICY DETAILS
- NAAC has granted an extension for anyone who held an ACTIVE NAAC Certification (CAC, CACO and/or CAPO), who did not complete their continuing education requirements by 04/30/20. Your permanent expiration date was automatically updated to 12/31/2020 to avoid a lapse in your certification. Your expiration date will continue to fall on 12/31 in subsequent years.
- If you completed your continuing education requirements prior to 04/30/20, your expiration date will continue to fall on 04/30 in subsequent years.
- If your certification expires on 08/31/20 and you are unable to complete your certification requirements prior to 08/31/20, you must request an extension of the expiration date in writing to CustomerServices@AmbulanceCompliance.com. In these cases, the expiration date will be updated to 12/31/2020 and will continue to fall on 12/31 in subsequent years.
- Under no circumstances will any 2020 expiration dates be extended beyond 12/31/20.
- In the event the Public Health Emergency continues into 2021 and affects the ability of certified individuals to complete their 2021 continuing education, NAAC will revise and update this policy as necessary.
- POLICY EFFECTIVE DATE – March 26, 2020