Continuing Education Grace Period Policy
I. POLICY OVERVIEW
NAAC does not grant extensions for certification expirations.
- In order to accommodate individuals with a NAAC certification planning to attend an event that would earn continuing education units (CEUs) after their certification expires, NAAC will allow individuals to take advantage of this policy which states if, prior to their expiration date, the individual can provide evidence that they are enrolled in an upcoming NAAC-approved continuing education event, credits earned for that event within 30 days following the expiration date will be retroactively credited to that year’s certification renewal. During any period of expiration, individuals may not identify themselves with a NAAC, CAC , CACO or CAPO certification logo or NAAC certification initials. The continued use of a NAAC certification logo or NAAC certification initials during expiration period is grounds for permanent revocation of certification.
- In order to accommodate future individuals with a NAAC certification, NAAC will allow future certified individuals to take advantage of this policy which states, if an individual earns the NAAC certification designation within 30 days following a NAAC CEU-approved event, those CEUs can be applied toward the NAAC certification(s) renewal in the current year’s certification period.
II. POLICY DETAILS
1. RULES FOR EXPIRED NAAC CERTIFICATIONS*
- The Certified Individual (CI) must request grace period in writing to NAAC.
- The CI must provide evidence that they are enrolled in an upcoming NAAC-approved event (i.e. registration confirmation).
- The CI must enter earned CEUs into their user account on the NAAC website within 30 days following their expiration date.
- The CI must notify NAAC that earned CEUs have been entered into their user account. NAAC will then retroactively credit those CEUs to the previous year’s certification renewal.
2. RULES FOR FUTURE CERTIFIED INDIVIDUALS
- The individual must request grace period in writing to NAAC .
- The individual must complete a NAAC certification course and pass final exam within 30 days following the final day of the NAAC CEU approved event.
- The individual must provide evidence of attendance (i.e. certificate of completion or certificate of attendance)
- Upon earning a NAAC certification designation, the CI must enter CEUs into their user account on the NAAC website.
3. MONITORING, EVALUATION AND REVISION
NAAC will monitor and evaluate this policy on an on-going basis and will revise the policy as needed.
* Reference NAAC’s Lapsed Certification Renewal Policy if more than 30 days past most recent expiration date.